Wenner-Davis & Associates Insurance – Frequently Asked Questions

I can't find my auto insurance ID card. How can I get a replacement?

Just give us a call, or fax or email us. We will make up a replacement card, and email, fax or mail it right back to you. Most times we just need to know your name, which vehicle you need an ID card for, and how you want us to send it to you.

How do I file an insurance claim?

There are a couple of different ways to file a claim. Sometimes the simplest way is to call our office and tell us directly. However, we are not always available, so for other options click here.

Why do you ask me for private information such as my date of birth, driver license number or social security number?

Driving records, claim activity, and age are examples of private information that have been used by insurance companies for many years to qualify customers for insurance and to determine what rate to charge. In the last 10 years or so, many companies have added credit as a component in their underwriting. We do have a few companies that do not use a credit component, so if this is a concern to you, let us know it when we ask you for your social security number.

Do you have a policy that tells me how you use my personal information?

Yes, we have a privacy policy that we follow. You can find the full policy by clicking here. It is also listed on our Forms page under Miscellaneous Forms.

When I rent a car, do I need to buy the insurance they are selling? Doesn't my policy cover a rental car?

The real answers to those questions are maybe, and partially. I'll give you some information here, but you should check with us when renting a car. There are a couple of large gaps in insurance for rentals that you need to be aware of. Click here for more information.

What is “Gap Coverage”? Do I need it?

If you have leased a new vehicle, or financed the purchase of a new vehicle, you may need Gap coverage. Click here for more information.

We just became engaged. Do I need special coverage for my ring? What about my other jewelry?

All renters and homeowners policies cover your personal property up to a certain limit and each policy includes a limit on the amount of coverage for jewelry. “Scheduling” your jewelry on your renters' or homeowners' policy is a simple way to increase that limit and is better coverage for more valuable items such as your ring. For more information click here.

How do I insure my gun collection?

Similar to scheduling jewelry, you can easily insure your gun collection on your homeowners' or renters' insurance policy. Each policy includes a specified limit of coverage for firearms and other specialty items. For more information click here.

Do I need special coverage if I live in a Homeowners Association?

In most cases, yes, you do. Click here for additional information.

Is there a way to insure a special collection I have?

Yes, there is. Click here for more information.