Homeowners Insurance in Washington

Rest easy knowing your most valuable assets are protected

Homeowners Insurance Coverage Includes:

  • Homeowners Insurance – An insurance policy for your most valuable asset.
  • Condo Insurance - Ensure you’re not held liable for damages that go beyond your walls. Also, protect your items within!
  • Renters Insurance – Renting a property? Protect your valuables with an inexpensive renter’s policy.
  • Landlord Protection Insurance – Have a rental property? Talk to a qualified agent about a landlord policy.
  • Flood Insurance – Even if you don’t live near a body of water, talk to your agent about a flood policy.
  • Earthquake Insurance – Most home policies do not include earthquake coverage.

Your home is your castle. Upon purchasing your policy, make sure you give your Wenner-Davis & Associates Insurance agent a clear description of your home’s structure (size, bathrooms, bedrooms and any custom items). This policy should also list excluded events that may not be included in the policy.

Residence Type

No two homes are the same! There are many different types of homes, so we will discuss with you what the option is that fits your needs!

  • A Home Insurance Policy usually covers a home’s entire structure along with sheds and detached garages.
  • A Condo insurance policy usually covers interior structures like drywall and lighting fixtures. Depending on your state & your association by-laws, external walls may not be covered.
  • For Manufactured Homes, the entire structure is typically covered, but sheds and garages often require a separate policy.
  • A Renters insurance policy has no physical structure coverage at all, but will cover your personal contents.

As with any insurance policy, certain items that may not be covered such as jewelry, furs and artwork. Ask your Wenner-Davis & Associates Insurance agent about a special endorsement to a homeowner’s policy.

Excluded Events

It is important to understand the events that are not covered by your specific policy for homeowners and offer you options to insure those items. Typically, floods and earthquakes are excluded from basic policies, so if you need supplemental insurance policies for those situations, please ask an agent about this. Other conditions most companies specifically exclude are mold, fungus, wet rot, dry rot and bacteria.

Frequently Asked Questions about Homeowners Insurance

What does home insurance cover?

Home insurance can cover a variety of losses including weather, fire and personal liability. The amount of coverage you get depends on the policy you purchase.

 Is home insurance required?

You should have home insurance. Your home is likely your largest asset and if you have a loan it will be required.

 Does home insurance protect me from dog bite claims?

Yes, home insurance provides you with insurance coverage in the event you have a dog that bites someone. Some dog breeds are uninsurable, so before you purchase a dog, be sure to contact your agent to see what breeds might be excluded. Additionally, each claim is different so coverage will be decided by the insurance company to ensure no excluded acts were committed.